Monday, June 4, 2007

GUT CHECK

There comes a time when you either go forward or fall back towards a goal you have set for yourself. My goal is to run the Marine Corp Marathon this year. My goal is to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

I am very discouraged with my efforts so far, and this weekend was rock bottom. It was a failed attempt to run the AEP 10k that sparked a dreary Sunday. Yes, I brought the rain storm! I am disappointed in myself for not being fully committed to training, fund raising activities, and for lack of confidence that is required to endure 5 hours of running to complete my goal.

You're either in, or your out. And I have decided that I am in!

My apologies to The Tim for not being fully vested in training so far. I will get caught up and I will be there in October.

3 comments:

Tim said...

I never doubted that you would - see you in the morning!

Beth said...

Yea, The Bill!

Momma T said...

You will get back on track! You are one of my inspirations for at least walking in the 1/2 marathon... I love you!

Big Sis.

Taresa