Thursday, February 1, 2007

Long Branch Golf Pool


Okay......It seems that for some freaking reason I cannot pick a player that will either show up, or make the cut in a PGA event this year. I am currently in a golf pool in which I had to pick a player in thirty events on the PGA Tour Schedule this year. I could only pick them once, and I could not pick the winner of last year's event. Except for in the Majors. So I chose Carl Leonard in the Countryside Club Championship! (inside joke)

The results are based on the total amount of money the players win. I have zero $ this year so far after two events. My guy this week is four over. For those of you who do not know golf, this guy is not good! Did he stop and do an upside down keg hit at 16? I don't understand. I will have to get my sister Monica to put some heat on him. She will be at FBR Open in Scottsdale, Arizona tomorrow. I told her to look for the white guy wearing the baseball cap. That should narrow the field.

I don't want to mention any names, but if Scott Verplank can't break par tomorrow that means that I have to visit Arizona again, play the TPC, beat his score, then go to his blog, and tell him he sucks. Maybe Scott should untuck his shirt, swear a bit more, and try to make more birdies. I've played TPC courses before. How hard can they be?
Apologies to Bob Williams. He blindly trusted me to pick these guys. Just wait for our win streak! It's just around the dogleg!

3 comments:

Monica said...

Who is the HOT CHICK in the picture? I think using the dart board method is just as effective... try it next time... and remember if you want to enjoy your round of golf "either practice more, or care less!" my new motto!

Tim said...

Excellent motto - I'm adopting it right now!

Tim said...

One does not have a Shaner so much as one submits to it....