Thursday, April 5, 2007

The Masters

This is a great week! Masters week is upon us. Azaleas, green grass, white sand, and dark water. I have made one trip to the tournament in the mid 90's. I would love to make it back. I could always try to get tickets and I have a few people that have access every year. But the ultimate ticket is the dream of playing into the Masters.
The US Public Links Championship winner gets an invite. I have played in three qualifying events and I am playing yet again this year at Bryan Park, NC. It is a 36 hole event and if you are in the top four you get to go to the Championship. You then have to play 36 holes stroke play. If you make that cut you play matches. You need to win five 18 hole matches and a 36 hole final match to play in the Masters. That is the Dream! It's not every week you get to say that you are playing in a golf tournament that could qualify you to play in The Masters!
The qualifier is Jun 18th. I need a caddy! Any takers?

1 comment:

Tim said...

Bill - is that on a Sat - I might be able to caddy for you - can I bring beer?