Monday, April 9, 2007

Stoned!

Saturday was not a typical day in April. It was cold and in New Castle, VA it was snowing for a good part of the morning. I used this non golfing day to go rock hunting in the Jefferson National Forest. I drove Tub Run Trail ( 15 mile fire road ) stopping ever so often to pick up rocks for my waterfall project. I only saw one other person. It was a park ranger! But I was in between stops and just started my covert project. It took about two hours to get what I could and what I thought my truck could handle. And after a couple of red eyes, letting Savannah run around the creeks, and attempting to throw my back out I came home and unloaded my bounty. To my surprise I will need more. I may not push my luck again. I might just break down and buy a half ton of rock at the other rock store. I believe that I saved about $250.00 with my trip to Craig County. Every little bit helps with a tight budget and still with the deck to do. I love it when a plan comes together.

The railing on the deck it going to be removed and replaced with steps. An Infinity Deck!

3 comments:

Tim said...

Good score the Bill.

Tim said...

Sorry - I've had some abuse issues - I will put your email on the allow list.

Tim said...

Whats up?